Drivers EXE are being reported as having virus!

@iKirin, @Team.

I downloaded all the drivers yesterday , today I saw this…any idea ???

WS.Reputation.1 basically means Symantect never seen the file before. From The Symantect website:

WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

I’m not surprised given the size of Eve’s user base that this file hasn’t been seen much before. Eve could submit the file to be whitelisted.

From my experience, i would advice you to never-ever-ever-ever-like-ever-ever use symantec antivirus. It’s worse than windows defender. Please you are better of staying with the defender.

Please…

Please upload the file to this site and post the result.

https://www.virustotal.com

The Best recommendation I’ve seen in a while.
In all seriousnes - I had a prebuilt with Symantec installed on it. Guess what f*d half of my programs & wouldn’t let me remove it? Yep, Symantek.

And tehre is the virustotal report :slight_smile:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/341b9769f99bd20ad8e33d71cf4b01af08f881ecb869209bc54edfeb92cabd0a/relations

Symantec is I.T. cancer at almost every level.
Please throw it away.

Agree with you all, tell that to our corporate Security team :slight_smile: (i was keeping this drivers in my ofice laptop as V took it time to meet with me :-))

Wow!, so strange I have always found Norton Security superb. Initially, it was a bit of a hog but not lately!.

I second that.
Every time I had to work on installing/uninstalling stuff on a computer with Symantec stuff on it, the only way to get the job done without problems was to deactivate it. This to say that it might protect you from viruses, but it will also stop many perfectly legit operations, to the point where soon after you realise Symantec is the source of many of your problems you end up deactivating it to run something you don’t know and that actually turns out to be a virus (thus defeating the whole purpose of the antivirus).

Seriously, pick another product. Years ago, I liked a lot Eset’s NOD32. Nowadays I’m using the built-in Windows Defender mostly as I am aware enough to be “the best antivirus” my devices have.

For everyone else, my recommendation is to check this report and in general its website:

Don’t know why we are beating down on NS, it is always rate highly, and beats Windows Defender when compared? To each his own I guess.

Windows Defender is my personal favorite because it [surprisingly] works incredibly well. It’s a very laid back, reserved, but useful antivirus. It’s not like the other freewares that behave like snot, and isn’t nearly as intrusive as any other antivirus. Also, because it’s hard coded into Windows, it doesn’t screw up lots of things that 3rd party antivirus will.

On my desktop I’m running a full Norton suite, and after lots of configuration I’ve got it running perfectly. It is a bit cumbersome out of the box though, and I always recommend Windows Defender over anything else. Norton/Symantec may have better security measures, but not by much. The best kind of anti-virus is to not do anything stupid on the internet.

That’s great advise.

I would add that use your common sense before open any attachements and programs will make less of a headache.

I’m used to install the free anti virus software but learned later that it has been injected with back door and Trojan.

At first I cannot figured out why it will always block me to access to Google and Microsoft site after clean Windows installation with this free anti virus.

After another clean installation without this anti virus, I can access the Google and Microsoft site again.

Silly me. :persevere: