I have been pulling my hair lately with a issue I am experiencing with the Spectrum…
I love the idea of using 1 cable from my laptop to the monitor and use the built in USB hub to keep USB to Eth and other stuff in the back… this way, all cables are behind the monitor and I end up with a clean desk environment
The issue is that once the display exits from IDLE to ON, it resets the USB hub and my USB Ethernet card is disconnected/connected and all my SSH sessions are dropped (along with all other ongoing internet connections).
I have upgraded to v104 and enabled the option found in:
Input/Output > USB Hub > Always On but the issue still happens.
Here is a guide to reproduce the problem:
- Eve Spectrum with v104 loaded
- LGgram 16Z90P i7-1165G7
- Connect the laptop to the Spectrum using USB C cable
- In the OS options “Power Options”, set “Turn Off Display” to “1 min” and “Put Computer to sleep” to “Never”
- After 1min the display is turned off (soft off)
- USB hub is still powered on
- A key is pressed
- Display turns on
- After 1min the display is turned off (the Xe driver stops sending display signal to the Spectrum)
- After 1min more, the Spectrum shows “No signal” and powers off (soft off?)
- The USB hub is still ON (good) and all SSH sessions are running fine, the display is off (good)
- Press a keyb button or move the mouse
- The monitor is turning on
- Immediately the sound of USB disconnect/connect is heard
- I can see that am not connected to internet for 1-2 seconds (USB Ethernet interface coming up?)
- All my SSH sessions and ongoing downloads drop
- Connected again
What is strange is that the USB hub is reset not when the display enters IDLE mode or soft-off but when it is turning on again.
Another way to reproduce the same behaviour (although software and hardware-wise this methodology might be different) is simple to use the physical button to power the Spectrum off (the hub will remain on), then power it on (the hub will reset).