Disable hand on screen while pen writing

pen
eve

Hey @eve,

It would be nice to get some more information about the pen and the Touchscreen panel. I saw the surface book at my university in Germany today. The pen writing works really nice. But my friend told me one problem. The screen can’t ignore hand input or finger input while writing with the pen. So, all of us know the normale writing position of the hand. Some areas of your hand will touch the screen.

At my view, the digitizer of the screen should be able to different from pen and hand (because the pen has a battery to positioning the pen without touching the screen)

Will eve make the pen input better than Microsoft was able to? Would be nice to get some information and hopefully you understand my question :slightly_smiling_face:

Greeting from Germany!

Björn

That’s quite odd, I have a Surface Pro 3 and the hand rejection while using the pen has always been pretty good.

Same as skimaster. Writing with pen works great at V and Surface…

At the surface book definitely not 100% accurate.

Even if Surface Book didn’t have palm blocking implemented in hardware, there is an option in settings for that. Windows can block touch input while the pen is in use. So maybe your friend just has that setting disabled and doesn’t know how to enable it…