Desktop speakers of choice

Just wondering, which desktop speakers will you be using (or do you already use) with the Spectrum display? Since it has no built in speakers.

2 Likes

I have a 5.1 (originally 7.1) surround sound system with .2 additional ceiling speakers coming soon. Audio is extremely important to me so my setup is entertainment focused + game immersion for games with properly mixed audio (ex: Last of Us II easily one of the BEST audio designs in gaming history).

IMO it’s worth the setup if you have the space for it. Otherwise desktop speakers I used to use are bookshelf speakers from Klipsch.

For my gamer buddy I got him logitech z606 - very affordable and delivers decent sound at decent ranges at 5.1 surround and he really enjoys it.

2 Likes

Look into the Razer Leviathan soundbar. I’ve been using it for about a year and it’s been fantastic. Comes with a powerful subwoofer too. I usually keep it unplugged unless I’m going to watch movies. No need for that much bass when consuming any other media.

1 Like

Using Edifier G2000 speakers, have quite the punch and provision for a sub out if you want to go 2.1

Saw this the other day and given the choice, I’d pick this over the Razer Leviathan. I prefer the volume knob over these small clicky buttons.

1 Like

I can fully recommend the Audioengine A2+

Super small footprint, great sound, good connectivity and clean design :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

I ended up going for the Kanto YU2’s which are quite similar to the A2+ (no bluetooth) and they’re amazing, love them.

1 Like

i have a AE-7 Creative sound blaster card for audio. I do also have a panasonic soundslayer but i dont use it for gaming. i only use it for 4k movies since the soundbar supports dolby atmos.

1 Like

I have an AE-7 soundcard sending analog out to a NAD 3020v2 integrated amp. Have some Dali Spektor 1 bookshelves and a Rel T/5i sub.

Went with clrelatively cheap Creative T100s. Clean look, optical + BT connectable. Good enough for the times when I am not wearing headphones.

1 Like