Dedicated Shipping Discussion #2

From a consumer point of view - what is the difference between being actively malicious and incompetent to the degree that Eve are? I can’t tell them apart honestly

just a fellow buyer wondering if you paid for them in full or just deposit? please let me know cause im curious about my own order status thanks!

I paid full price with credit card

Another week, no communication from anyone on the team or support. Still no updates. Was supposed to be received in October…All newcomers stay faraway!!

1 Like

Hey @dreamonthewind,

Our team have looked into your case, and it’s currently believed that unfortunately the courier lost/miss delivered your order. There was also a very unusual case. Two tracking numbers had been assigned to your order. One says it was delivered on the 15/12/2022 to your regional zipcode. The other shows this pending status.

The team have reached out to you with the next steps to get this resolved as soon as possible. Please reach out to me if you have any additional questions.

Hey @microwave,

The team are currently looking into your case, and will get this resolved for you as soon as possible. If you need any additional assistance please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Hey @rudahevz,
There have been logistical issues around the shipping of your order. The team are currently clarifying all details, and we are hoping this will be resolved very soon.

Hey @Bmart008,
This is correct we are expecting to receive new stock this month to resume shipping of the latest orders that completed their balance payments. Aswell as other orders that were allocated January shipping.

2 Likes

You don’t get the item shipped unless you pay the full payment.

1 Like

Does the shipping time provided consider the current global freight delays, i.e. is it indeed 3-5 weeks for normal shipping or rather 3-5 months?

Hi @ReignDespair,

I have talked to Fedex customer support and they informed me that my monitor is lost. Can you please help me with this. I finalized my payment on May 22, 2021 and are still waiting for the monitor.

Thanks,

Hey @oldschool,

The estimates provided by our current shipping partner is 18-35 days. We are currently trying to ensure that these estimates are reliable as possible because our last standard order shipments estimates were inconsistent to say the least and they let us down many times when requesting up-to-date estimates about the shipping status. We do not want the same thing to happen again so we are doing everything we possibly can to mitigate these issues for all current and future orders.

Hey @Gabolong,
I can get this looked into you for sure. Please send a ticket to our support team if you have not already done so, but if you could also provide me your order number in a private message I can also do what I can my side to get this looked into. We will do everything possible to get your Spectrum delivered to you as soon as possible!

1 Like

I ordered my Eve Spectrum in December and fully paid on December 29 as soon as I was contacted by Dima from Eve. I tried to check the order status today and it brings me to a page saying “Not found”. Can someone please check up on what’s going on here? My order number is #9575928522USAB

Hi @ReignDespair,
I ordered in September and had the same communication (from Yaroslava on 5th November) that I would have a unit shipped directly express shipping in January but have heard nothing. Please can you look into my order as well.

I did receive the two monitors I had ordered after they were lost from the container shipment. These were sent express and arrived about 10 days before the end of the year. So far they work fabulous except for one issue. They have very noticeable coil whine when in standby or off. Hopefully everyone else gets theirs through this worldwide supply chain mess.

My order confirmed right at the start of november
with express shipping, it said shipping January 2022 when I confirmed my order in November,
over 60 days ago.

Where nearly half way through January and it still says Shipping January 2022 for new orders placed today.

There website isn’t updated or there confident they will have enough stock to fulfill all the orders upto this point.

Yeah, can we please get an update for the january batch?

Is fulfilling all the outstanding orders in this month still on schedule? @ReignDespair

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Please find out latest shipping updates here:

If you have any questions please ask on this new topic.