Dedicated Shipping Discussion #2

You’re doing sterling work keeping everyone updated on the status of shipping, maybe you could write a communications how to guide for Eve?

3 Likes

Imagine all this hassle to get the monitor and they can’t even ship the accessories in the same shipment.

Still radio silence on when I’m going to get the screen cleaning kit.

@ReignDespair if you are able to, would you kindly give an update regarding missing accessories.

10 days is comical if it’s by boat. Maybe understandable if it’s by air, but what’s the likelihood they paid that premium? And why would they mention shipping by boat so many times and never mention by air (save expedited customers)?

I will think that for go to Europe they will using Suez Canal, so it should be a long trip. I will think around 20 days but I am not that familiar with shipping. I know from China to US takes around 8 days. I will think that the distance from China to Europe will be much longer.

Regards

1 Like

Not that much longer, the Pacific ocean is massive, but the problem is probably the Suez canal, ships often wait there a lot before they let them through it.
I am in Italy I’m one the firsts that the ship will reach.
I guess the people who are going to wait longer is UK because the ships will have to circumnavigate half Europe

1 Like

Trust me, I’ve thought about it!

My one big bit of advice to Eve: Put yourselves in your customers’ shoes.

There a handful of fairly simple questions they should be asking:

• What information is important to the customer? Are there things they might need to know that we’re not telling them?
  • Why is this information important to the customer? What purpose does it serve?
  • When is the right time to make that information available? Should we wait before giving out this information? How will the customers react if we take too long?
  • Is the information communicated in a way that the customer can easily understand? Could any of the wording be unclear or ambiguous?

I hope that the folks at Eve are still reading this thread and are taking notes. (attn: @Olivia @Lore_Wonder @Javild)

13 Likes

The lack of general awareness in that email is hilarious, not only have we been waiting for ANY shipments to the EU since shipping began June 29th, now it takes the final shipments ~10 days to get here.

Sure EVE, that seems completely plausible.

2 Likes

You sound like a Service/experience designer…

Yeah, i’d 100% agree, but I also feel there is quite a big disconnect with the “community managers” and the people running Eve, I do feel for them as they are young and enthusiastic but at the mercy of the company regarding what they know and what they can share.

1 Like

You order is on your way:

Five doritos later…

LOL, joking, f*ck you :frowning:

This morning, I got an automated email from USPS indicating I have a package from United Shipping Solutions (US-based freight forwarder) scheduled to arrive on Thursday, August 19. My assumption is, it’s my Spectrum. A tracking number is still not loaded into AfterShip, however, so it’s hard to be sure. It’s coming out of South Carolina, so assuming the container ship offloaded at the Port of Charleston and injected them into the USPS network there for final mile distribution.

Anyone else around the Southeast US that has received any similar information?

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to check that via usps. But I did not receive that email

1 Like

Just got this…. Seems odd

1 Like

Yeah I got that email too

1 Like

Something is very off with the timeline…

First Eve informs us that there have been standard shipments for EU and US that left before August.
Now we get e-mails with no information at all and when support is asked, the e-mail is translated to “they just left HK warehouse and they will arrive in 10 days to local distribution warehouses”.

So I ask, since I pre-ordered way back in March of 2020, finilized payment the minute the e-mail arrived on May 24th (meaning there is no way I’m not on the well known first batch), where are the first shipments that left at least 2 weeks ago and that take 10 days to arrive to regional warehouses according to support?

2 Likes

at least you guys got an email, I am still waiting!.

Sucks,

I’m wondering if these are just appeasement emails. We got no discernible information from the updates we received. No tracking number, no locations, no company, literally a blanket email saying “it’s shipped” it seems like they just sent this mass email out to calm the forums and customers who have been waiting for an update. Otherwise why didn’t the email state “your order has shipped and should arrive at the regional warehouse in approximately 10 days” or your order should arrive in 28-45 days from today pending any unforeseen delays. Just a vague update followed by another vague update.

Anyone from East Coast US get that shipping confirmation email or only West Coast?

I’m in Tennessee, so sort of east? Lol

I requested a refund last week and yesterday received the email that it shipped. This morning I received an email saying they couldn’t refund my order because it has now shipped and is with a third party.

Are folks from the West Coast getting notifications?? I’m in California and haven’t received anything yet (standard shipping, Aug 10th shipment allegedly).

3 Likes