Dear Eve people, this is where we stand

@ethercoin We heard you many times about that. Could you please at some point keep it to yourself? I don’t think that there are stupid questions and as you are expressing an opinion about not asking question about management in some sort, you are doing exactly the same thing: express an opinion about management.

So if people, in this situation, thinks they are entitled to know where they stand it’s their right.
Besides you don’t give any scientific readings in which it would be clearly demonstrates that in business you shouldn’t declare any figures, do you?
So as much as I respect your opinion and as much as I respect your reviews, please respect others too.
Thanks in advance

@Konstantinos What is the status of support tickets that go unanswered for months at a time. Still sitting here with a broken device which has been agreed to be replaced about 2 months ago. And nothing since…

@Konstantinos, please do answer my question as I am really suspecting how your 65% shipment achieve with me being postponed like so.

Key reason is that our suppliers need to pay their suppliers once components are used for assembly.

Ok. So does that mean that when you wrote this in the original post:

Components and other parts needed for production are all in the warehouse, fully paid for, and are ready for assembly as we get more funds unfrozen.

It just meant that your supplier had paid for the parts, not Eve? That seems like relevant information.

Also, is there any chance of addressing the question about support’s speed of response to folks with defective devices and missing peripherals please (asked by me twice, @Giome and now @DanBUK? I’d also be curious to hear if orders have been shipped to Flash sale buyers ahead of providing replacements to people with defective devices (it seems the answer is yes, as I believe there have been updates confirming that devices were shipping at a steady rate over these past few months).

Assuming this is the case, I would be eager to hear why those customers who received defective devices were not made whole before shipping to new customers, and why the customers with original devices were not informed.

It does if is 35% of 500 orders or 800 orders compared to the figures you throw out. Yes it does make a difference.

ABE
And customers waiting 7 months for a product they have already paid for are owed the basic decency to have the information they need to make an INFORMED decision. We know you think Eve can do no wrong. Evidence shows otherwise,

Eve pays for the part of the components (30-60% down) same does the supplier the full payment is made upon component consumption. As for the customers we try to ship as many units as possible at any given time. Sometimes we don’t have exact specs that customer with defective V ordered so then that customer is shipped once his V is available. In case of repairs different process is followed. We ship back device to the factory, repair it and ship it back.

As for the accessories there can be different reasons. In some cases the package got lost during delivery in others accessory ran out of stock and production of new accessories takes time. It’s not a surprise to us but we can’t be so aggressive in terms of forecasting with funds frozen up.

We’ll be sending out an email about refunds shortly.

July 6th Update 2018

We should close it this month! We have the lead investor already. :slight_smile: Very excited about it. Can’t wait to get those Vs shipped fast!

Weekly Update 19.10

I’m very glad things are improving on the investor side.
I’m not able or willing to wait any longer, I needed the V a few months ago.
I will be opting for a refund.
I do not have hard feelings about this experience and I hope all the best for you guys in the future.
I have already placed an order for my V replacement and I expect it will arrive shortly.

Great News! I hope this means that the refund will be paid earlier than “End of September” . . . You cannot be serious about that?

@Konstantinos

Seriously? End of Semptember???
We order the V 7 months ago, you never make it and now you tell us that you will refund us end of Semptember??? And the reason ??? You already get hour money…

I want to CANCEL my order.
Fortress Tech Distribution LTD, Hong Kong shall provide a full refund for the full order value.
Refund shall be issued based on the payment method used when placing the order or directly to your bank account.
In either case you will be contacted to confirm that information beforehand.

Fortress shall provide a full refund of your order value including shipping cost.
Based on the amount of refund requests we receive, all the refunds are estimated to be issued by the end of September.

Email was just sent out to all of the people who opted in for a order cancellation offering few refund options. I would like to remind that you can opt in for order cancellation later on as well so if you did not fill the form in you can do so later.

Following are the contents/ options of the email:

1. Refund of the full order value based on the payment method used or directly to the bank account.
    Timeline for this is estimated to be by the end of September based on the amount of cancellations.

2. Refund of the full order value with Eve Store Credits that can be used on eve-tech.com + 200 USD/EUR worth of additional credits (Depending whether you purchased from the EU or International store)

These credits can be used for the purchased from our store, future products, accessories, Vs, etc.

1. Information that might be helpful when contacting your financial institution (in case you would like to get refunded through them)

Good question here. As for the design questions issues you mentioned are one offs. There were max 5-7 kickstands that broke, below 20 pen holders broken, few cases of GPU issues and few occasions of the cables making noises outside of the standard. Those are really rare cases that are hard to catch during the QC as they appear after device used for some time. My point is that it is extremely you will get a device with such issue

As for the other issues you mentioned they can occur more frequently but still you would be unlikely to get them. As for the battery life it really depends on your use case. There are people who get 5 hours of V battery some get 11. I personally get reliably 8. You can check out this category(you probably did already:) ):

https://eve.community/c/products/v-user-experiences

Speaker quality does improve with drivers. Some people are happy about it some not. Based on the survey we’ve sent to our customers they are happy with their Vs generally. It’s hard for me to write these lines as before we ship out all the orders and fix all the broken units people will tell I am skewing the metrics (I totally understand where this comes from and we deserved it)

We will do our best to get amazing products to people out there. We are proud of the V and think its a great device. Thank you all for your questions even though they are challenging at times they push us in right direction!

Weekly Update 19.10

Your V components were purchased with part of your funds (downpayment) the other part frozen up. That’s why refunds take time as well. As we ship units out more funds get unlocked. Investment that is expected soon will dramatically speed things up and improve the situation.

@Konstantinos

WHY you need so many time to refund hour money? I didn’t pay with paypal so my money is not frozen!!!
If you can’t refund earlier I already speak with my bank and tell me that I can dispute the order and it takes only 45 days not 3 months…

In case you pay with a credit/debit or any other card there is still a payment processor between Eve and your Bank. That payment processor freezes money. For Example Cybersource, Stripe, Emerchant are all payment processors.

You might be able to get refund faster with your bank. Let us know how it goes! You can find info attached that might help you with the bank in the form.

I would like to address the question of why we are not sharing our financial information. As a private company with other shareholders it is a common practice as some of our suppliers, partners and other stakeholders should not have open access to them as at our size that can be used against us to control the pricing and terms we get. I hope it makes sense. Thanks.

Weekly update 2.11

Are we supposed to fill out the form if we are getting refund from our financial institution?

If yes, are we supposed to choose the first option?

I want to CANCEL my order.
Fortress Tech Distribution LTD, Hong Kong shall provide a full refund for the full order value.
Refund shall be issued based on the payment method used when placing the order or directly to your bank account.
In either case you will be contacted to confirm that information beforehand.
Fortress shall provide a full refund of your order value including shipping cost.
Based on the amount of refund requests we receive, all the refunds are estimated to be issued by the end of September.

You don’t have to as essentially if financial institution would issue a refund we would see it in our system too. But you can have first option picked still.

@konstantinos
I have been a patient customer. In the forum I was reading mostly, waiting for my Eve, trying to trust in the idea, the team…
I can not wait any longer, just not possible, and I need my money back! And now this. Waiting for a refund longer then I should wait for the device I should own for months anyway? How often will You postpone this “End of september”? It will go faster with a bank! And Your reaction “Let us know how it goes!” sounds not really caring…
I will go through my bank too. I’m a customer there for more then 20 years. They care. That’s why they still have customers

since the refund is on the end of september… i would aswell wait for the device which would be shipped on august.

however I’ve done the surveymonkey for the refund and knowing this, can I undo the proccess?

side note i paid using paypal.

Likewise, if I’ll be waiting till September for the refund I may as well hang around till the end of August to see if my V will finally be delivered by then.