Ok while I am mostly trying to find things that can actually be fixed, I will attempt some experiences feedback.
After 1 day, what do I like
1) No FAN...YAY. I once had a Surface PRO for 2 days before returning it.
2) Screen brightness and sharpness is awesome. I had to turn the default (Approx 1/3 scale) brightness down to get the blacks to look more black and not grey,
3) Pen works great. I think it will be invaluable especially when working with keyboard so you are naturally further away from the device and the pen makes it easier to reach. Also saves all the fingerprints on the screen. It also just worked out of the box.
4) It ran quite cool. In my initial testing today with video streaming, the processor maxed out pretty quickly but even so, the case didn't get overly hot. Surface PRO would be whining and puffing hot air.
What I dont like
1) The weight. It feels heavier than it should if you know what I mean. I have a Macbook Pro that is not much bigger and only 1/2lb (220g) heavier but just feels right. I have to keep reminding myself this is a Laptop replacement and not a convenience tablet. It wil never be as easy to carry and as portable as an Ipad.
2) The power button. It has no tactile feel. It is attractive as it is flush but that means you cannot feel if the finger is on it and cannot tell if you pushed it. In variably I have to lift up the V to make sure I press it, and yes my fingers are big.
3) The keyboard fabric. It feels and looks cheap. Don't know if this will be the same as whats in the final version but just my opinion.
4) Initial turn on experience - it was not easy figuring out how to get keyboard operational and what Tablet mode is all about. I think it should detect that there is a keyboard attached and get into the correct mode automatically. I could have been doing something wrong as I never had a Windows tablet before but it was not intuitive.
Again these are just my personal opinions. I will try to add more to the lists.