Customizing the V pen buttons

I’m new to PC as of receiving my V a couple months ago. The only options Windows has for the pen is to change what happens when you double tap or long tap. I bought a Surface Pen (the latest version) thinking that I would be able to use the Surface app to customize it, but found out after I received the pen that this app won’t function on non-Surface devices.
On Mac, there are many third party utilities that allow you to customize input devices, but I’m not having any luck trying to find something for PC for changing the behavior of the either the Surface or the V pen’s buttons. I installed a trial of an app called Pen and Touch, but it’s very rudimentary and quite hard to understand, and it doesn’t allow for the buttons to perform different actions in different apps.
So I installed AutoHotKey and quickly realized I don’t have the time or energy to learn how to use it (requires coding).
What I’m wondering is whether or not there is a fairly simple method of customizing the pen buttons, either with a driver or a third party app?