Community Update 02.12.19

Community Update

What’s up with Eve?

Over the past few weeks our bottlenecks have been resolved, and as a result we have shipped Vs to customers around the world. We’ve seen awesome responses from community members receiving their devices, and are looking forward to seeing more of your reactions and in depth reviews!

But that doesn’t mean we can sit back and rest. We will be working with an important new partner, soon roll out long-awaited driver- and firmware-updates, make changes to the community, and get crowd development back in gear. Keep reading to find out more details.

Back to our roots

Though we have managed to secure an investment, it is tied to certain milestones. We are expected to launch products, and hit sales and other targets. In other words: though our investor is excited about the ideals of Eve, we need to prove that the V wasn’t a lucky shot and that community development works to make more great products. The better we do, the more support we will get from our investor.

But lucky for us, we already know that with our community we can create great products. We are excited to finally return to the core of what our company was made for!

Meet our new partner: PCH International

As you may know we did everything ourselves when we started our company, from sourcing the right components all the way to quality testing each completed V. We are happy to say that an amazing partner has joined us in our quest to make the best products out there with the input from our community!

Not too long ago we introduced you to our shipping partner PCH, and so far the responses to their swift shipping has been overwhelmingly positive. But there is more to PCH than logistics: The company has created products, built supply chains, and runs fulfilment processes for some of the largest consumer brands around the world. They are excited to work with us and our community to make the wildest product ideas happen.

This is especially great news because it considerably reduces the time needed to source components and build prototypes for any future products we want to make, as they are working with hundreds of top tier suppliers around the world. It also allows us to explore other product categories as they have vast experience in audio equipment, peripherals, and more!

You can find out more about PCH International on their website.

Web shop

We will continue sales of the V, but will now also be offering V accessories separately for the first time. Items sold will be shipped from stock, and should benefit from the same swift shipping by PCH. On top of that, we are offering new payment plan options in collaboration with Klarna. Of course you will also be able to use any gift cards or discount codes you’ve been holding on to.

You can find out more about the available products in our web store, and more products will follow as stock becomes available.

Support

We have already shipped out a good number of warranty & repair units, and will continue to do so after Chinese New Year. We have also arranged with our suppliers and manufacturers that new drivers and firmware updates will be published at that time.

Of course we are also still doing our best to process all refund requests as soon as possible, and will be handling them based on the original order date.

Since the support team are busy assisting our customers, they do not have the time to keep track of support issues in the community. For that reason, please do not ask questions related to these things in the community, but contact our support team directly through the contact form on our support page.

Community

The community is being restructured in preparation for our next project. Whilst this is happening, only a few topics will be publicly available.

We are reviewing our structure, removing or changing some categories and introducing new ones. We will also be updating the welcome message so that new members will have a better idea of what we do here, and clean topics in accordance with the community guidelines. To top it all off, we are adjusting the looks of the community so that it fits in more with the Eve brand.

With crowd development taking a backseat to the recent issues, the conversation has shifted away from what this forum was intended for. We are looking to clean it up and once more create a healthy and productive environment for crowd development. Once restructuring is complete, the forums will once more be available in full, and new members will be able to join and participate again.

Crowd development

We have learned a lot of lessons over the course of Project: Pyramid Flipper, and from the V that resulted from that project. About product design, sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, shipping, and many other things. We’ve also learned a lot about crowd development, and have refined some of our methods in Project: Donald Dock and Project: B. And though those are currently on hold, they’re not off the table yet!

Now, it is time to start the next chapter in crowd development! Our community has provided a lot of awesome ideas in the What’s Next? category. It’s finally time to act on your input, so we are officially starting the next crowd development project now. And we need your input for that!

You can read more about how this new project works in The most wanted products of 2019!. Be sure to have a look and participate in the survey, and your dream product might see the light of day!

It is time to continue our revolution together!

Things have been far from perfect, but now we have the solutions in place to get up to full speed. Support will take care of existing customers, and the restructured community will be fully armed to crowd develop new products. Products that PCH will help get designed, manufactured and delivered, and that will allow us to hit the targets set by our investor which in turn leads to further crowd development.

As tech site Slashgear noted about the community´s first product: “Dreams can come true”. Now that we have laid the foundation for the next success products, it’s up to you to decide what dreams we should materialize this year. So don’t forget to tell us what you think the greatest product of 2019 is!

The most wanted products of 2019!
Weekly Update 01.02

It looks like it’s time to say Good-bye to the old style community which evolved into something it sometimes wasn’t meant to be,.

Now lets say a Hello and Welcome to the new revamped Community with a whole new world of EVE yet to be discovered and enjoyed!

Weekly Update 01.02

Back to the future

without an obsolete De Lorean!

I think that you have done unfairly removing the entire forum, all topics. I understand the idea of this action, fresh start. I think you should have put all the old topics into the OLD EVE category or something similar and not delete the whole thing. This is part of Eve’s story, an important part, and should not be removed this way.

As mentioned in our community update once the restructuring is complete, the forums will be once more available in full. You will be able to access old topics as well.

fine for me. Good luck to you, mate.

Congratulations @Konstantinos, it was a rocky road and still a long way to go in terms of order fulfillment, warranty claims, refunds and winning back community confidence, but it would not have been easy to persevere through the (well deserved) backlash.

Best wishes for the future and I do look forward to your next product but might wait a bit this time before pulling the trigger :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed the new community update. I hope it’s the end of an era and the start of a new one where crowd development will be again the focus of this forum and that the community together will come together and help design some new amazing products like the V is.

I really hope the problems of the past won’t happen again and that Eve can become a company every customer can trust.

The last year wasn’t easy for both Eve team and flash sale buyers, but I have to congratulate you all @Konstantinos and @Team for not giving up and solving the situation.

Well that’s interesting… I still have NOT received any word about my system shipping or confirming my address.

Yet, today I received an email where I can go online and order a new Eve system with the same features and add-ons and get delivery in 2 to 4 days???

Should I put in for a refund and order the system from scratch?

Something is seriously wrong if someone can order and get a system before me after I have waited well over a year!

@gesteves could you elaborate at “solving the situation”?

How is it solved? It’s a year now that the devises sold on december 4th 2017 should be shipped and people are not just still waiting, eve does not even care to say something about that. (And I was still so stupid to expect @Konstantinos would finally change that today)

The estimated shipping for me has changed into Shipping information will be provided by email (why would I need to know when). The problems of the past (as you name it) are problems of the present and - who knows how long this will continue - the future.
Eves chances to become a company I’d ever trust again are hard to distinguish from zero.

Glad for you if your experience was better and you enjoyed the update.
I didn’t.

@tesseract: Sorry to hear that you still haven’t received your device!
If you haven’t received an address verification mail yet, there could be something wrong indeed. The best thing to do is to contact our support team directly through the contact form on our support page.

@mow: We are of course aware that the delays are an inconvenience, and we are doing what we can to improve the situation for everyone. We will get everyone the device they ordered.

We did find that the shipping indicator ran into a number of technical issues where it showed incorrect information and for some customers no information at all or an error. We opted to remove it until we can get all of that fixed, but you should definitely also contact our support team about your order.

This post indicates that everyone should have expected to receive a shipping email by now??? As yet another who has not, yet has had no previous issues with emails from Eve through last Sept, simply stopped hearing anything at all, which is not something identifiable as unusual when dealing with “Eve Support”. How about something actually informative like "anyone who has not received contact conformation by Feb 12 should reach out immediately as it is apparently a surprise to you too.

To my knowledge it’s normal. Konsta have told me that mine was going to be sent this week so I guess we are all in the same chain

In the last months, we had nothing getting shipped and the future was uncertain for the buyers, the backers that needed repairs and for those who opted for refunds. But in the last couple of weeks, we witnessed lots of devices being shipped (warranty units and devices for the flash sale buyers).

I understand that not everyone got their device yet, and I know first place that it’s not a good place to be at. But it’s different to not have a V but no units being shipped for months and lots of uncertainty, or not having the V but things being on the move again.

So to me, the situation is “solved” as things are moving and Eve, as a company, is starting to look at the future.

Of course there’s still lots of things to take care of untill every customer has their devices/refunds, wich I wish they get soon

Hi, well done on persevering and shipping. I may want to purchase a V now that they are being sent out (I bought a V in the Dec 4 flash sale but had to cancel due to delays). Can you please indicate approximately when:

• All Flash Sale and warranty devices will have been shipped such that …
  • A new purchase will be shipped within a week.

Thanks

Dave

Yes, some people are still waiting for their devices. The advice remains the same: for order status updates, please do not ask in the community, but contact our support team directly through the contact form on our support page.

What do you mean by clean up the forum and create a healthy discussion environment? It will be a shame IF you sanction the previous comments like Chinese Great Wall.
Ask your Chinese supplies on concept of hexie 和諧/河蟹 in Chinese context

The most wanted products of 2019!

Are all the post of people who received their V’s fake news?

Hope you get vour V soon! :hugs:

Some posts and topics will be removed if they do not contribute to healthy discussion of crowd development or tech in general. But no users will be retroactively sanctioned based on policies that weren’t in effect at the time.

We will be enforcing the community guidelines more strictly going forward, so that things don’t get out of hand again.

I believe there will be some of my topics, coz you treated them as a hate speach :wink: