Community* designed V accessories

survey

if you release the STL, I would be happy to help. I was thinking of making a full case that also directs the sound towards the user.

Although because the v is fanless, having a full can on would severely limit the V’s potential thermal preformance. That’s why I’ve gone witha bumper design.

EARS! CAT EARS ON THE V!

I was thinking of a honeycomb mesh on the back to allow cooling and strength.

Hey guys…
Update: so its been two weeks and I’ve experimented with a few designs. Such as the honey bomb backplate…(no photos) which concluded with a marginal improvement in protetion in hyperthetical senarios. I’ve decided that it is more economical with the producrion cost to protection ratio to keep with bumper design. I have refined the IO cut out locations but just a few hours ago, my 3d printer jammed and some PLA was stuck between the feeder, heating element and nozzle. I tried cleaning it but i believe i made the situation alot worse. I suspect that a really small bit cleaning drill broke off while it was being removed form the nozzel. Basically i need to disassemble the print head or get replacement part. Which would take more than a few weeks. So yeah… things went to shits but i should be able to sort things out in an few weeks. I’ll update you all when the final product is ready. Thnx ray

Update!
Good news… the 3d printer is working again and prototyping will resume.

Update:
Hey guys… prototyping is going well and feel like the product logistics have just about been nailed. Progress from now on will continue but slower as a new school term just started again. Once again if anyone wants to know alot more details… please email me at: tld8102@gmail.com and we’ll discuss it further. (Cause not allow to sell/advertise stuff on dis forum… this post is a update btw)
Thnx, ray

Suddenly come out with a suggestion… why not a punching bag? Or something to release pressure and anger… something similar to bubble wrap!

Hm… good suggestion. I’ll pack some extra buble wrap when the case ships. Do you think it will be enough satisfaction of poping bubble wrap to atleast calm down for now? :point_right::tada:

I already have the Eve with me. All I need is a cover between the keyboard and the screen. The coating on screen is now scratching

Can u see the white dots in the middle? Those r the scratches…

Microfiber cloth helps - using it from day one.

hi everyone,

Update:
i believe i have sorted through all the production issues and is currently doing THE last prototype and should be ready for purchase in 7 days. However in my through my testing phase, the application of the case onto the V’s corners was very finicky. i am NOT satisfied with the installation technique/procedure therefor i may delay the launch of the product. the product meets my quality standards and more than adequately protects my V from drops onto hard surfaces such as asphalt* (1metre max cause I was too scared to test my V further in fear of it breaking and dealing with the 6-12 month repair period).

Do you care about the semi-finicky installation method? or Do you just want the V case to protect your V ASAP?

• Launch V case(black basic version) on Monday 20th 13:05 AEST with underdeveloped installation technique/method?
  • Delay the launch of the V case(/W pen clip version) until fully developed? (unknown amount of time)

0 voters

also i’m looking a small group of V owners willing to test the V case. I will send you the V case FREE of charge as long as; you test the V case in real-world scenarios(such a full working week at university) and PAY for SHIPPING. please email me: tld8102@gmail.com if interested @nawthor @iKirin and everyone is welcome to participate. (looking for about 10 testers)

thnx, ray

Weekly. Update 10.8 2018

Shipping is probably more expensive for some than just 3D-printing it themselves. It’d be amazing if you could:

a) send the .stl file to those who want to give it a try
b) make it publicly available for everyone to use

ur right. the lowest international shipping(to Canada) costs slightly less than what i intended to sell the V case. I have considered this proposition many times and as much of a fan of open sources stuff that i am, being a student and making $10 bucks an hour have influenced my previous decision to sell the V case. i’ve started procrastinating and doing this Months ago (academic results reflect this) and with education fees so high today, is it a small thing to ask for a little reward after all the effort and sacrifices i put in? although my position on this matte may change in the future, have some compassion.

If you should decide to open source it, you can always set up a donation page. Given that a 10€ hardware mod can save a 800-2000€ device I’d be more than willing to donate that amount of money.

I would also donate for the STL files as I would suspect many others would as well.

Others who don’t have the ability to 3d-print, could order a printed version.

Also guys. I can’t release the stl files cuase of legal issues. Konstantinos has yet to reply with a yes or no. So in the mean time i’m legally “giving my friends the V case”. I can sell the case yet or release the stl file into the public cause it does infring on the copyright of the V. All people who have signed up to test the V case is just paying for shipping.

Update…
Good news. After a bit of motivation. I’m make the basic V case design file open source to the public. I have recieved the go ahead from konstantinos and plan to release the .stl files in a few ish weeks. After the feedback from the tester , minor changes will be made and then published. Rules of the open source thing is standard, you can not profit* off of any modifications you make, always credit me/eve and you have to release any modifications you make to the design public on this forum. In a few ish week… all you plebs can go wild and modify the fuck of the design.

Awesome to hear. Make sure to drop it here together with the donate link.

You’ll get an extra bonus should it one day save my V. :wink: