Got excited about having a community contest? Absolutely, we did, too! We thought hard about it, and are ready to kickstart its first round! Artists and hobbyists, get your brushes out, make some cool stuff to blow our community’s mind away!
What are we anticipating?
Themed desktop wallpapers that we can put on Spectrum! From prototypes to the very Spectrum that will be the star of your desk, we want them to rock the best design and features picked by our community and the most outstanding artwork created right by you guys.
How can I jump right into it?
Step 1: Pick a theme
We handpicked three themes tailored to fit Eve, Spectrum, and our community.
Look up at the top-left corner, see it? A triangle is enjoying a pleasant time here together with you! Triangle consists of the flipped pyramid in our branding: we place our community at the top, and corporate bull$#!@ at the bottom. What is relevant about the triangle in your eyes?
Spectrum is blazing fast because of its low response time and high refresh rate; this is one way to represent speed. How do you perceive speed?
At this very moment, we are all together – we are a community. What does being together mean to you? How will togetherness shape our future?
Step 2: Create your image
Start with one of these concepts to make it your own! We have prepared a package to include Eve color palette and logos, and a few wallpapers to spark your inspiration.
Step 3: Show them here
You can contribute up to one entry per theme; please post it directly in the reply. We have some rules and a format listed down below that you need to follow.
Step 4: You get to choose
You can fine-tune your submissions until 18th October 23:00 Helsinki time [this has been extended to 25th October 23:00 Helsinki time], when we will close this topic. We will begin voting in the following week to decide our winners.
We will offer a prize pool consisting of 150 USD worth of Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation gift cards (winner’s choice). We intend to spread our prizes among all themes; moreover, the exact distribution will be decided later based on the number of entries we receive.
(optional) [title of your artwork]
- Please separate your submission(s) into individual replies for easy referencing during the poll.
- Aspect ratio, resolution & format: 16:9, 3840x2160 px, PNG.
- Please submit the image only if you are its author; it must be specifically created for the competition.
- Please ensure your image is licensed under CC BY 4.0. By entering the competition, you agree to its license terms. You may obtain your license via CC chooser.
- Please ensure your image follows our community guidelines.
- We are aware that the rules in your area may limit some reward options. As such, we will try our best to arrange an appropriate solution with our winners.