Community Contest | Choose your best entries

These are great I think I’ll be using them myself… I had to be real picky otherwise I would have chosen almost all of them!

2 Likes

Hey hey, thank’s for the compliments

It is actually a fairly simple 3d setup consisting of an array of EVE triangles, semi-transparent plastic material, and a pink and blue HDRI image as background and light source. The speed effect is achieved by using a shallow depth of field camera. Photoshop was only used for a slight adjust of color and brightness. I share the PSD file so you can see how it was built up.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @jozedwardo!

I used Blender for the entire process of both my pieces. (rendered using Cycles) I neglected to use HDRI to light my triangle scene, and now I’m kicking myself a little because I used individual area lights which don’t offer as much detail or depth.

2 Likes

@Mohammad_Hadi your wallpaper is straight up sorcery. Idk about anyone else but when I scroll past it the triangles move almost like a ripple effect. Maybe it’s my phone or something but it won my vote! It’s cool af. Great job.

2 Likes

That’s super kind, thank you :blush:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve been wanting to move to Blender for Rendering, I’m a KS user, but the learning curve is steep. I usually prefer HDRI because it gives you 80% of the image quality, and then you can use individual lights to emphasize. You also need a Good HDRI though.

2 Likes

Can you please clarify what “KS” is? A quick search isn’t getting me anything. Do you mean K-3D?

Also, when was the last time you checked out Blender? They’ve done a major UI revamp in the past year that made the interface significantly easier to navigate.

1 Like

Hey Brendon

Keyshot I mean with KS. I have already the new blender, it’s very nice, still it requires work to learn, but it’s definitely on my roadmap. I’ve seen some amazing things made with blender

2 Likes

Thank you @Brendon_Leenheer! The Triangle themed submission was created in Blender and rendered in Cycles with a little post-processing done in Photoshop. The other two were created entirely in Photoshop.

2 Likes

Now I realize this one is better. White as a background color doesn’t work that well, you can’t see white text or icons.

1 Like

Was just experimenting with the colors and made this. How does it look?

7 Likes

@Techmo, I think the black background looks a lot more classy!

The image has given me a strong “sports car” vibe in all variations. It’s very clean, sharp, and bold!

3 Likes

Yeah the black one is honestly my favorite for speed already! Great job @Techmo!

3 Likes

Thank you! @Brendon_Leenheer and @Mohammad_Hadi Both of your wallpaper submissions are excellent!

3 Likes

Bump: Polls are closing soon! Get your votes in if you haven’t already!

2 Likes

Come to read the winner annoucement! :smiley: