So, I am looking for the ultimate laptop that delivers high performance in a lightweight slim chassis with fantastic screen and great battery life. That means, I am looking for a device with:
- Quad-core Intel CPU
- Cutting-edge dedicated graphics (Nvidia Pascal)
- QHD or better screen
- At least 6 hours real-use battery life (should translate to 8-10 hours advertised battery life)
So far, there are 3 candidates:
- Dell XPS 15
- Lenovo Yoga 720 15"
- Razer Blade 14"
All models feature optional 4K touch display, Core i7-7700HQ, large battery (97Wh, 72 Wh, and 70 Wh), and powerful graphics (GTX 1060 on the Razer, 1050 on the rest). Unfortunately, the 4K version of the Razer is nowhere to be found outside of North America region.
But anyway, using USD as the comparison, comparing the model with 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD, the Razer costs $2400, the Dell costs $2250, and the Lenovo seems like a massive bargain at just $1500.
Key differences of the Dell:
- (+) Largest battery (~35% larger than the other two)
- (+) Slimmest bezel
- (+) Charges from USB-C
Key differences of the Lenovo:
- (+) 360 hinge
- (+) Wacom AES digitizer
- (-) Only 2 GB VRAM (Dell has 4 GB, Razer has 6 GB)
- (-) No HDMI or card reader
- (-) Reported to have Turbo Boost disabled
Key differences of the Razer:
- (+) GTX 1060 graphics (50-100% faster than 1050)
- (+) RGB keyboard
- (+) Full 4 lanes PCIe on the Thunderbolt 3 port
- (-) Smallest screen, big bezel (14")
- (-) Reported to have loud fan
What do you think? Do you have any other alternative?