California Creative

Hi all. Guess I skipped this step earlier but may as well do it now.

Name is Jonathan, I’m a design enthusiast. Graduated with a degree in the field, got sucked into working outside it to make ends meet. Still like to dabble when I can, though - use my iPad for drawing presently.

It effectively replaced my cheaper windows laptop, too, outside a few cases where I had to break out the poor wheezing old beast because nothing else would do. But I’ve had that laptop for almost seven years, and it was about 3-400 bucks back then, so I’d say I’m long overdue for a new …:. something.

Thing is, there hasn’t really been a windows machine I’ve been excited about until now. What I want, more than anything, is something powerful and flexible sure, but more importantly something I’m gonna love using the way I love using my Apple gizmos. Maybe even more so. Also something I can try out dual boots on (I miss Linux some days) or use Mischief for drawing or whatever else.

And honestly, I think I finally found it.

The community seems great, too. I look forward to lurking and occasionally throwing out posts when the mood strikes. c:

Welcome onboard! Good to have you!

Welcome to the V-Train!

Thanks, all. c:

I keep drooling over the specs sheet and pics, honestly. It’s silly, but I can’t help it. I spent nearly a month trying to convince myself that something else would be ‘good enough’ and then the V comes along and I can’t find a single thing to be worried about or to think ‘how will I work around this.’ Instead I find myself thinking of all the things I could do with it that I could never have imagined before. It’s an amazing achievement.

Once I have the order placed, I think, I will have peace of mind.

And a peace of mind you shall have.

Just the one peace should do. I wouldn’t want to get greedy.