Black screen for a few seconds when clicking back on monitor

I have an EVE Spectrum 4K on the latest firmware and have been experiencing an issue ever since I purchased the monitor (on firmware 102) in which I get a black screen for a few seconds after clicking back on it after typing something on my second display. This happens in both full screen and non-full screen apps. I don’t have this issue every single time I click back on the monitor, but it happens at least once a day. I have a 3080TI if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Hi @DirdiDan,

First of all, welcome to the community!

Just a few questions which might help:

1. Have you tried turning off VRR/Adaptive Sync feature?
  2. What kind of connection do you use? There are some cases where the cable turn out to be faulty. If you are on HDMI, did you try using Display Port (DP), and vice versa?

Thank you for the response. I have not tried turning that off and I also use GSync if that helps. I use a DisplayPort connection. This also happens with HDMI. I don’t believe the cable to be faulty as I used that cable with my old monitor before switching to the Spectrum.

Hi @DirdiDan,

In that case I definitely recommend turning the feature off and let us know if it works for you.

This is a documented issue as can be seen on the topic below.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll try that for a few days and see if I notice a change. I also saw a comment you left a few months ago where you stated Precision X1 may be a problem. Can you confirm if that assumption ended up checking out? I do run that program for my 3080TI (founders edition). Thanks again.

Hi @DirdiDan,

Yes, tried and tested. I was referring to Niraj’s (@nkyadav) original post here.

I have not received any further report specifically about PrecisionX1, so I do not have another data point to compare. However, just from this feedback, we can conclude that the program may be one of the possible source of the issue.

1 Like