BFGD from NVIDIA, or as I like to call it, Big F* Gaming Display

I think this goes as some sort of ‘validation’ of how Ive been using a 4K TV as a computer monitor, and its been fantastic. Having the real estate of four 1080p monitors, without bezels, is unparalled. And trust me, I had a 34" ultrawide to compare at the same time before I eventually sold it.

However, it is obvious that there is a lack of enthusiasm from the gaming and PC crowd towards such big format display. If you need to buy a monitor today, youd have to choose between having a small display with the PC attributes (low input lag, high refresh rate), or a large display thats barely optimized for a PC.

NVIDIA is changing all that by combining the best of both worlds. the BFGD is going to be produced and sold by partners, not NVIDIA themselves (although “Founder Edition” has proven both can happen), but anyway they all share the following features:

• 4K resolution
  • 65 inches size (although demo models they have at CES are closer to 40")
  • 120 Hz refresh rate
  • G-SYNC support (no mention of HDMI 2.1 VRR support)
  • NVIDIA Shield built-in (Android TV)

I think this would be a once-and-for-all display for people like me and many others, that we no longer have to choose between a PC monitor or 4K TV. Neither of which is optimal.

If you like AMD, dont worry. Just like ShadowPlay vs. ReLive, G-SYNC vs. FreeSync, and other technologies, its just a matter of time before they start making clones of this for you to enjoy.