Beta BIOS to avoid the device waking up by accidental keyboard/mouse input

Hi community,

One of the common feedback we got from the customers is that the V computer was randomly waking up during sleep.

We have investigated this issue with the suppliers for a long time and have concludes that most of the cases are caused by the accidental keyboard input which wakes the device from sleeping.

We asked the supplier to developed a new BIOS that disables the keyboard from waking up the V from sleep. Below is a link to download and test this BETA version if you are experiencing this particular issue. Please let us know if it helps resolve the problem.

Download link

Important Notes:

1. This BIOS version will disable all USB devices from waking up the V computer, including but not limited to keyboard and mouse. However, opening (lift up) the keyboard from the tablet will still wake up the V computer.
  2. This is the BETA version, which means it hasn’t been fully tested by us or the supplier.
  3. One known issue is that after the installation, the boot-up image will be changed from “made by them us” to a third-party one. This will be fixed in the release version.
  4. To roll back to the release BIOS version, please download and install version 0.41 from Support – eve-tech.com
8 Likes

I won’t be upgrading to this beta because I don’t want to lose the ability to wake up via the keyboard, but I was just wondering why the previous version (0.41) is still in beta? When will the next non-beta release come, and will it still have waking by USB disabled?

This BETA version is just for people who want to disable the keyboard waking-up, so it’s optional to install.

The 0.41 version will be in final release soon, and it will NOT disable waking by USB.

2 Likes

Does this update eliminate ghost touches? They mess up my work with their window closing/ V rebooting.

A propos the KB - is there a fix for the multitude of redundant characters that the KB produces irregularly? I believe it’s mostly on BT initiation. Also character dropping. Also ALL THE OTHER THINGS I MENTIONED IN 2-3 VIDEOS I SENT TO SUPPORT only to hear that they will replace my unit (not sure if KB or whole setup) only to hear that they’ll do it later, 'cause they busy.

And here I was thinking I was the Master Procrastinator.

1 Like

I suppose the best solution, if possible, would be an option in the BIOS to en-/disable waking up the device via USB/keyboard and let the user adjust it to their preference.

1 Like

I have been using the beta bios and I think the sleep feature is working perfectly. No issues.

3 Likes

Glad to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have updated BIOS, and now I have E Lifefan on booting screen instead of made by us…

That is explained in the first post of this topic.

2 Likes

One known issue is that after the installation, the boot-up image will be changed from “made by them us” to a third-party one. This will be fixed in the release version.

3 Likes

“This BIOS version will disable all USB devices from waking up the V computer, including but not limited to keyboard and mouse. However, opening (lift up) the keyboard from the tablet will still wake up the V computer.”

Sometimes when I remove / put usb-c charger from V also wakes it up…

I use a fine cloth to protect the screen from scratches and oil from the keyboard, everytime I close it. However, there is a problem with this: apparently the magnets that allow the system to detect when the lid is closed are not strong enough, and this thin cloth introduces a gap so the system thinks it was opened. Also, it seems that the hand holding the closed lid may trigger the touchpad. The result is windows being closed, my work lost, or configurations changed arbitrarily. Also, maybe related, frequently persistent ghost touches on the touchscreen after reopening, rendering the device unusable.
My solution was to create two tasks in Task Scheduler to disable the touchscreen and the trackpad every time I lock my device (by pressing the power or by Win+L), and re-enable them when the session is unlocked. This has been working nicely (most of the time), as I can unlock the device using the fingerprint sensor. But, sometimes using the fingerprint sensor DOES NOT wake up the device, which means I need some way to wake it up. So, I use either an external mouse or the keyboard to wake up my device if needed.
My question is: if all wake up from keyboard or usb is disabled, how can we be sure to be able to wake up the device? Is the lid sensor reliable enough?

1 Like

This is a good point, and it’s why I haven’t update to this latest beta. Most of the time I don’t use the V keyboard at all, and rely on bluetooth keyboard or mouse input to wake the V if the fp button doesn’t work. I wonder why it’s taking so long for Eve to release a new, stable BIOS that fixes the accidental keyboard input problem without taking away the ability to wake using the keyboard when desired. There should be a way for the V to detect when the keyboard is closed and to disable input only in this case.

I simply deactivated touch panel and keyboard being able to wake up from sleep.

works fine :wink:

When can we get an official BIOS?
The BETA bios is good. Fixed my wake up with multi touch problem. However, now Microsoft complains it cannot be activated. I got an unlicensed Windows.

How can I fix it?

1 Like

Sad. My Windows cannot be activated. The Beta Bios cause this problem.

You may have a windows account. There should be information to find about your activation / product key you had before.
I

Done that. Activation error. Game over.

Honestly, the w10 problem looks still a bit weird to me.
I suppose you googled through explanations and help sites already. What did the Windows Help site suggest?
As a last option, I heard about valid w10 keys on sale on many (Amazon / Ebay / and so on) sites for very reasonable prices.

So it is best to wait for the bios update?