Beta BIOS to avoid the device waking up by accidental keyboard/mouse input

Hi community,

One of the common feedback we got from the customers is that the V computer was randomly waking up during sleep.

We have investigated this issue with the suppliers for a long time and have concludes that most of the cases are caused by the accidental keyboard input which wakes the device from sleeping.

We asked the supplier to developed a new BIOS that disables the keyboard from waking up the V from sleep. Below is a link to download and test this BETA version if you are experiencing this particular issue. Please let us know if it helps resolve the problem.

Download link

Important Notes:

1. This BIOS version will disable all USB devices from waking up the V computer, including but not limited to keyboard and mouse. However, opening (lift up) the keyboard from the tablet will still wake up the V computer.
  2. This is the BETA version, which means it hasn’t been fully tested by us or the supplier.
  3. One known issue is that after the installation, the boot-up image will be changed from “made by them us” to a third-party one. This will be fixed in the release version.
  4. To roll back to the release BIOS version, please download and install version 0.41 from Support – eve-tech.com
8 Likes

I won’t be upgrading to this beta because I don’t want to lose the ability to wake up via the keyboard, but I was just wondering why the previous version (0.41) is still in beta? When will the next non-beta release come, and will it still have waking by USB disabled?

This BETA version is just for people who want to disable the keyboard waking-up, so it’s optional to install.

The 0.41 version will be in final release soon, and it will NOT disable waking by USB.

1 Like

Does this update eliminate ghost touches? They mess up my work with their window closing/ V rebooting.

A propos the KB - is there a fix for the multitude of redundant characters that the KB produces irregularly? I believe it’s mostly on BT initiation. Also character dropping. Also ALL THE OTHER THINGS I MENTIONED IN 2-3 VIDEOS I SENT TO SUPPORT only to hear that they will replace my unit (not sure if KB or whole setup) only to hear that they’ll do it later, 'cause they busy.

And here I was thinking I was the Master Procrastinator.

I suppose the best solution, if possible, would be an option in the BIOS to en-/disable waking up the device via USB/keyboard and let the user adjust it to their preference.

1 Like

I have been using the beta bios and I think the sleep feature is working perfectly. No issues.

2 Likes

Glad to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have updated BIOS, and now I have E Lifefan on booting screen instead of made by us…

That is explained in the first post of this topic.

2 Likes

One known issue is that after the installation, the boot-up image will be changed from “made by them us” to a third-party one. This will be fixed in the release version.

2 Likes