[B] Sleep battery power drain

You can do powercfg ? to get a list of what does what.

BTW am I seeing this right? Your V drained 94% in 4 hours? That’s really weird.

Does anyone know if you can check what program draining the battery? I suspect since it was in the sleeve, there was no way for the heat to be removed so Intel dptf could have been going nuts.

I think if you do /sleepstudy or /sleepstatereport you can see what was draining the battery - I vaguely recall it being one of the /sleep commands.

my read is that it lost 94% in 11 hr 38 mins and 7 secs, i.e. line 20 in my screenshot above which is taken from the powercfg sleepstudy report (I worked out how to do it, which was mainly to right click on the command prompt icon and run as admin)

must be an app out there for this? android can do it after all… hehe

Oh derp, my bad, I misread it as start time end time. Hence 4 hours.

Anyway if you click on the period in sleepstudy, it will bring you to the item detail, click open power estimation and it will give you some info that might as well be Greek to me. I suspect Unknown [NONE] is the display itself. (actually I looked at a few, and I have no frickin clue.)

Does anyone speak Greek?

What about trying those mini bumper disks?
Try to glue one left and right at the top end of the screen.
It should create 2 mm space between keyboard and the screen.
A bit of an temporary solution, but maybe better than a empty battery :hugs:
Keep us posted !

Managed to make the journey to work, plus being in my bag through a hospital appointment ok and performed much better

to confirm that the lid put it to hibernation as desired… plus some greek!

this is the detail for the 9hr drain overnight… switch to AC and switch to DC…??

some more stuff I don’t understand… this time from the power efficiency report

Are you sure it was draining? It looks like you left it to charge overnight, I scrolled up and it looks like it went from 66% to full.

I think I can help a bit with this one - 4% utilisation is pretty high for idle, I think that’s preventing it from entering the lower (higher?) c states.

With some fiddling with task manager and killing processes/services you should be able to get <1% utilisation on idle.

edit: today as i was leaving the office i decided to just close the keyboard instead of shutting down as i normally do - so V was in the magnetic sleeve in my bag, on my ~1 hour commute: walk - bus - walk - train - bus - walk.

popped it open after i’d had dinner - V woke up immediately. 2% drain in 2 hours.

IIRC, there are also some Windows events that can cause wake ups from sleep (Windows update is one of them).

Does anyone speak Greek?
[/quote]

Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ Θεὸς τὸν κόσμον, ὥστε τὸν Υἱὸν τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωκεν, ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλ’ ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον.
Always interesting :face_with_monocle:

Hey @yaustar, thanks for reply.

Here’s a list of the things I did:
1. Device Manager->Network adapters->Intel Dual Band…->
2. Power Management tab - turn off “Allow this device to wake the computer”
3. Advanced tab, “Wake on Magic Packet” and “Wake on Pattern Match” should be set to “Disabled”
Advanced tab, “Transmit Power” to 3. medium

This was following some posts I got as listed below. Bluetooth is on but only for keyboard and most of the time I switch the KB Bluetooth off.

https://eve.community/t/faq-how-to-disable-modern-standby-low-power-s0-idle-state/13002

Happy to take any further advice.

One more thing I noticed is that the top, USB3 only port, doesn’t charge the V if its shut down, it only charges when the V is on. The bottom TB3 port charges the V when it is shut down or on.

Anyone else experiencing this? Not a huge problem just something to note.

Nope, we’ve not pushed out the BIOS update.

It might be due to some Windows Update.

@Kee are you on the beta BIOS we shared with the Senior Creators or the regular one? :slight_smile:

Hi, I’ve not updated the bios AFAIK. I only updated the touch drivers to the test version

popped the lid closed when i was leaving the office yesterday - V went into standby, drained 3% in 2 hours before suspending itself.

popped opened the laptop this morning, V resumed where it left off no problem. close lid for standby working as intended.

settings wise, everything is allowed to wake my computer - i think the problem some people are having has to do with the magnets in the keyboard, and not any settings in the V itself.

I haven’t specifically recorded it, but I don’t remember having sleep issues with my V when the keyboard is detatched. It’s only when the keyboard is connected.

Aww… Don’t worry dude. It’s not a big deal. Mine just wakes randomly, thinking that I’ve attached a keyboard and never good sleep. I frequently find it got in that magnetic sleeve. Or just dead. Now V is just unusable. I’ve filed that problem from February and since that I was reporting how bad it is.

Now it glitches every second popping that I should use tablet mode, like few times. It is impossible to click that thing since it goes away faster than you can tap it. Nearly impossible to type on lap.

And support just ignores me. I’ve lost my trusty in Eve. It’s my second V already. First died with some brightness controller glitchiness preceding it. I thought V was not supposed to be that brittle.

Thanks @Team

Yes, that’s my recent finding as well.

When no keyboard is attached, V doesn’t wake up randomly, resulting in it sleeping soundly, and eventually goes into hibernation.

When keyboard is attached, perhaps due to the magnet or movement or key pressed (even when hardware wake is disabled), it woke V, and when that happens, V usually just stay awake and HOT until human intervention.

I do notice that when I unplug V from charging (with keyboard attached), when I flip open the keyboard, there it is, the freaky old friend, GHOST TOUCH. Happened to me noticeably more than twice, and probably several more times unnoticed. Haven’t yet do more intentional test on this.

I believe most V heating up issue is related to the infamous keyboard bug as you mentioned. I just experienced one in mine. Note the CPU and Disk usage ( Task Manager) get maxed when the keyboard bug appears.