Audio FROM PS5?

I have Kanto YU2 speakers connected through USB to the display and the PS5 connected through HDMI (of course). Should I be getting audio through from the PS5 to the speakers? I’m not :thinking:

No, the monitor cannot output the audio from HDMI through the USB ports, those USB ports are used exclusively as a hub for the computer connected to it (through USB C or the USB type B connections). I don’t know if the PS5 supports any USB DAC, but you can try plugging that directly to the console to see. Otherwise you can use the 3.5mm jack on the monitor to connect any speakers, or wait to get an HDMI 2.1 audio extractor if you need a different connection.

1 Like

Ok cool. The PS5 doesn’t have have any audio out beyond HDMI and the controller.

I could plug the speakers into the display’s aux out but that has fairly bad static.

I’ll stick with the headphones.

1 Like

No, actually the PS5 supports USB audio output from the console directly (but not the controller), and presumably from the Spectrum’s hub connected with the USB B cable.

1 Like

Simplest solution to get audio out (in lieu of no HDMI 2.1 audio extractors) would be a UAC1 USB sound card. Something like a Creative Soundblaster G6 or a Schiit Fulla or Hel would work fine. I use the SB G6 and on the current PS5 software it works perfectly. I just have an optical out from the G6 to the SPDIF input on my amp.

1 Like