Anyone updated their V to Windows 10 version 2004?

Curious to know if anyone has updated their Windows 10 on their Eve V to version 2004, and whether they had any problems.

I haven’t updated yet. Windows is telling me that the “device is not ready” like the screenshot here:
https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/158446-windows-10-2004-not-being-offered.html

2 Likes

I have already installed the 2004 version for more than a month. I have even been since yesterday on the future version 20H2.
no problem noted, apart from the borrowing sensor which at times does not recognize me.

4 Likes

“Device is not ready” message.
Waiting for the update, no clue what is not ready.
It looks more as if Windows is not ready to me. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses! I’m glad there are still a few of us left that have working Vs.

If we need to wait for a driver update from Eve, we will be waiting forever! So hopefully it’s a third party driver that needs to be updated. Anyway, it’s probably good to wait a couple of months for Microsoft to fix all the bugs in the release.

It’s not only Eve V that hasn’t gotten the update to 2004. Surface Pro models are yet to get it as well. That saying, my laptop had been upgraded to 2004 so it’s just a matter of time when the A/B testing are finalised before we get it.

2 Likes

My V has been on 2004 since just after it was released.

2 Likes

I’ve tried and also get the error that the “device is not quite ready… but they are working on it”. Form other publications -it seems tit has t do with Realtek an Intel drivers that need to be updated.

1 Like

I’m a First Gen user of the EVE, Great system! the recent Windows 10 Feature update ver 2004 won’t load-Microsoft advising my device is “not quite ready”- and they are working on it and will let me know when ready. Form what I;ve read, it has to do with Realtek driers and possibly Intel. Anyone else having this issue ? 1909, BTW-loaded fine.