Another runner up - ASUS Transformer 3 T305CA

Asus has come so close…so close to perfection yet they haven’t quite hit the mark even with this new upcoming gem:

ASUS Transformer 3 T305CA

CPU:

• Intel® Core™ i7 7Y75 Processor, (4 M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
  • Intel® Core™ i5 7Y54 Processor, (4 M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
  • Intel® Core™ M 7Y30 Processor, (4 M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)

GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics

RAM: 4 GB LPDDR3 1866MHz SDRAM Onboard Memory, up to 8 GB SDRAM

SSD:

• Solid State Drives: 128GB SATA3 M.2 SSD
  • Solid State Drives: 256GB SATA3 M.2 SSD
  • Solid State Drives: 512GB SATA3 M.2 SSD

Display: 12.6" (3:2) LED backlit WQHD+ (2880x1920) 60Hz Glare Touchscreen with 85% NTSC
With WideView Technology

I/O:

• 1 x COMBO audio jack
  • 1 x USB 3.1 TYPE C port(s)

Battery: 38.5 Whrs Polymer Battery

These specs would have been top notch back in 2015 but it’s somewhat subpar compared to what we can cram in a 2-in-1 detachable device. Shame :expressionless:

I really don’t see why they mention Thunderbolt 3 in the Features page but not on the Specification one…

Who know what’s going through their minds at Asus lol.

I just wish for the ‘perfect’ 2in1 but it seems to elude me :smiley:

Does anyone remember what the speed of the memory for V is compared with the Transformer 3? In the specs for the Transformer, it references 1866Mhz DDR3. I think that is what V is provided with, but couldn’t find it when I searched.

Add to that:

• pathetic battery life
  • lack of kickstand
  • crappy sound (all they updated is the CPU to gen 7)
  • and screen that over promises and under-delivers

So I am with you, it’s a shame that OEMs can’t or won’t get their crap together to make more devices that will at least rival the Surface.

It reminds me of Samsung Book. How is the tablet to stand on the stand after 6 months?
And the quality and colors of the keyboard: horrible.
But the cameras look good to me.

why not discuss lenovo miix 720 ?

I believe it is 1866 since it’s listed as LPDDR3 in the specs page. According to ark.intel the i7-7Y75 only supports LPDDR3-1866 or DDR3L-1600; says the same for the m3 and i5 models too. It really stinks that intel didn’t make that series DDR4.

Go ahead and make a new post, this one is about asus transformer 3.
:slight_smile:

In fact, all these topics could as well be discussed in “Eve V vs Competition”:

But if there’s a particular thread about a device, I agree, this should not get convoluted with other devices on top. :slight_smile: