An amazing Eve Phone

Well that might be feasible (soon there will be saying they wouldn’t pay so much but anycase).

The problem I see here is that EVE is not a software company and making a phone and especially camera software is hard, really hard. You would need to find a team that has a lot of experience in imaging tech and also software. You just cant slap a dual camera sensors on a phone and “deal with it”.

Also what comes to the software part. I would like to see a totally stock Android (just like Nokia/HMD is doing). OF course EVE would need to code the support for the camera, their own camera app etc etc.

Lot of work and as we know the market is completely saturated already. It would really be hard for EVE to make any kind of dent there and sell so much that they could make money of it.

I understand, it maybe too early to start thinking about the eve phone at the moment, but its just a project to look forward to i guess, and i really think it has some potential as your EVE E turned many heads

Phone business will have many loosers in the next five to ten years. The market is not growing any more and there are no more special technical inventions that are totally changing the way we communicate and work. Just look at the new IPhone: They implemented just things which were already available at other phones. Nothing new. Why should eve take the risk and make another IPhone… There are other fields where they can improve tech more…

I agree there are places that have more potential in the industy

This was a great comment.
Sure i would want an eve phone, but in this market there isnt as much to achieve as in other ones

I know that I am repeating myself, but there is an underexploited niche: active pen smartphones (or rather phablets), with good handwriting recognition. Currently only the Samsung Notes are playing in that field and the price is simply too high, so hardly anyone is interested; hell, at almost 1000 euros, Samsung is offering only a 3000mAh battery, no dual sim, no hi-fi dac/amp, less internal memory than it should … Surely there must be an opportunity there.

Smartphones are replacing the PC for many users. Only power users, software developers, engineers, designers, will need a PC. Most of the people in the world use the PC for browsing the Internet, email, Facebook, all kind of activities available in any modern smartphone.
In my opinion, targeting that crowd by creating a more powerful smartphone capable of acting like a PC could be a game changer. I know that Microsoft introduced Continuum, that Samsung is creating something equivalent, everyone is in the same wagon. But for Eve, it could be possible to create a very small V, adding cellular connectivity, and take advantage of Windows 10 Mobile/S for running the applications. The only caveat is that I’ll really like to be able to run all kind of applications (Win32, and Android, at least).

A dual OS V-phablet? I would be all in favour* - but what kind of CPU and battery do you have in mind?

*[esp. if it comes with all the other goodies I have mentioned throughout several posts, such as a hi-fi dac, dab, and head-amp, dual USB-C, four nanosim/microsd slots, digitizer and active pen]

I’ll really like to be able to run all kind of applications (Win32, and Android, at least)

Working between ARM and x86 architectures there would make things rather difficult.

The problem with Eve making a smart phone is that it would only sell to a small niche of people, there are the big phone companies like Apple, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Google, HTC, etc. that Eve just will not be able to compete with. Just looking at the iPhone and the number of people that buy it shows that having a cutting edge phone isn’t enough to be popular. Plus, you’d have to make it work with a very, very large number of carriers.

Smartphones are replacing the PC for many users. Only power users, software developers, engineers, designers, will need a PC. Most of the people in the world use the PC for browsing the Internet, email, Facebook, all kind of activities available in any modern smartphone.

Most people still use computers, they’re not dying out at all - the need for a powerful computer is starting to die out. People still need portable netflix machines with large enough screens. People still need computers for work. Desktop-style computers may be fading out, sure, but the computer itself isn’t. Non-power users will definitely keep buying laptops/tablets/2in1s, and that’s a much easier market to target.

I agree. My suggestion is to create a foldable tablet that could serve as a smartphone, tablet, and a PC when connected to an external monitor/TV, mouse, and keyboard (probably wirelessly).

With enough power, it could use virtual machines or other virtualization tools for running non-native apps.

If it conforms with the 3G/4G (and soon 5G) standards it will work with any carrier. Unlocked.

foldable tablet that could serve as a smartphone, tablet, and a PC when connected to an external monitor/TV, mouse, and keyboard (probably wirelessly)

So a chromebook? Anything large enough to be a tablet/PC/netflix machine is too big for a phone. Nobody that voted here wanted a phone with over a 6in screen, most people favoring 5.5in. Plus, people want to be able to use their phone while using their tablet/laptop. What if I want to snapchat something from Orange is the new Black? Can’t do that with one device.

With enough power, it could use virtual machines or other virtualization tools for running non-native apps.

When you’re working with software/operating systems designed for different processor architectures, things can get hairy when trying to virtualize/sandbox. Even on Android x86 the play store itself works fine, but there are a lot of apps that just won’t work properly.

If somehow somebody was clever enough to get the play store running in windows, that would be really cool, but it won’t be the same as having an android tablet.

I believe that Microsoft recently (a few months ago) patented a foldable
phone/phablet. It is easy to use a small tablet like a phone, and it could
be easier when the tablet is folded. It is also possible to use a wireless
headset. The phone itself is just a task running on the OS, meaning that it
is possible to continue doing whatever you were doing before concurrently.
Processors are getting more powerful, consume less energy, dissipate less
heat. Microsoft is creating versions of some applications for several
platforms, but very soon you could virtualize applications from different
platforms and processors without losing too much performance.
It is just an idea, but designing a new product always take some time and
we have only a few platforms now for PC/smartphone. Many people use Linux
with their own applications and virtualize several Windows applications. It
is not officially supported, but there are similar “solutions” for
smartphones.
I just feel that embracing one platform and losing access to everything
else is bad. If you have an iPhone, you have a lot of applications, but the
OS itself is not so good.

Again, we are talking here about the future.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidizadar http://vizualize.me/DavidIzadaR
https://www.paypal.me/DavidIzadaR

Wait wait wait… So… Basically what you’re saying is… you’re one of those guys who record their screens with a camera??? Do you know how ugly that is? :confused: Duuuude, there’s plenty of software that can record your screen without an actual camera, a second device or (most importantly) all sorts of ugly distortions that happen when cameras meet screens.

Oh noooooo I’m not one of those. It’s just an example of a non-power user that would want a phone and a laptop.

Like it David!

And how about adding a projector to it for even bigger screen viewing?

Okay. To be completely honest, I am really confused as to why everyone seems to want a Windows Phone. From what I know, their store sucks and bugs were prevalent.
So here are my questions:
What makes Windows Mobile OS better than Android OS?
Is there actually a market for Windows Phones?
Do you guys consider continuum a valuable or required feature?
What windows phones have you all used in the past and what made you pick them over other phones on the market?

Please, change the OS from Windows to Android. I don´t want my phone to use a dying operating system…

MS or Samsung?
Anyhow, it is not so hard to build a foldable phone as long as you have a foldable screen and there is not one yet on the market. Even if there were, eve would have to find first a reliable supplier.

Its extremely hard I’ve been trying to come up with an uncomplicated design concept without springs and tensioning mechanisms etc and I think I may have cracked it. But it is NOT easy.