I came here to ask you all if we could crowdbuild a Windows Phone just like we are doing with the project codenamed pyramid flipper (albeit a different form factor).
I was thinking about making a "custom-made Surface Phone" (the secretly developing project from the Surface team) in the sense that it would be as we wish.
UPDATE: Doing a list of features so it's easier to track down
- OS: Windows 10 mobile/S with Creators update and if possible 64bit version (heard there is one being made)
- Processor: Intel (core m, atom or any other now that Intel dismissed the new mobile ones); latest top-tier Snapdragon; Exynos top-of-the-line; AMD
- Dual Sim capability (independent of the micro SD card)
- Micro SD card up to 2TB storage with, if supported, adoptable storage
- Water and Dust proof; maybe certified MIL-STD-810
- Continuum Support
- Great Front and Rear cameras with triple led flash for more natural exposures; physical camera button on the right side is a must-have
- Removable back/battery
- Wireless Charging
- Quick Charging
- USB-C (supporting audio out) - full USB (3.1 or, if not too expensive, thunderbolt 3)
- 3.5mm audio connector
- Windows Hello (Iris scanning/**fingerprint scanning (on the front)**)
- Internal storage - 32GB/**64GB**/128GB
- High-fidelity recording
- 4GB/**6GB** RAM(this one if needed to power continuum and WIN 32 apps)
- Fantastic 5.0''/**5.5'' Display with slim bezels!** (FHD, QHD maximum - there's no substantial gain with the increased number of pixels and it takes a powerful toll on your phone's performance and battery) - OLED? Transreflective? PSR? IGZO?Other?
- Navigation keys (please no software on-screen keys unless with haptic feedback!)
- QWERTY physical keyboard (like Blackberry ones)
- Awesome design (least bezel possible and premium design and finish but with solid grip)
- 3D touch
- Security features
- Enterprise features
- Virtualisation to make use of WIN 32 apps
- Wacom Stylus compatible with Windows Ink - AES preferably or dual protocol
- Compatible with the possible Pyramid Flipper dock
- 4000mAh battery
- Great audio components (DAC, Dual Front Facing Speakers..)
- No Bloatware
Imagine if we could get that with good repairability - wouldn't it be great to, for instance, if your display gets shattered, to be easy enough for the user to just buy the part and replace it on their own?
Feel free to talk about this topic and to tell me your opinions about it!
And what about doing a partnership with the Surface team?
P.S. The idea of crowdbuilding a WP isn't mine. I took it from one of Windows Central's comments (from user spider-rocket) and thought it was a very cool idea we could pursue.
UPDATE (2?): added a couple other features and highlighted the ones that are most important to me (as you can't simply cram every feature into a phone)