About What's next category

Darn that was partially my fear so that would mean a larger Dock. Well if it could also Work with a potential EVE eGpu that would me more than enough, to still push the phone over the edge.

Thanks a bunch for the insight.

But why do you mind the size? You’re not lugging the dock around with you, are you? :slight_smile:

Anyway, this is just a dream. The dock is there, but the phone isn’t. I’m afraid we will need to wait a long time until a suitable processor comes out…

Yeah I know its pretty much a dream at this point just gauging interest in such a device as interest normally leads to research and then hopefully fruition.

Me personally minding the size probably not just was thinking what would be more practical (I buy anything that I see value in huge “Techy”).

Scenario 1
I’m on vacation and doing a quick sketch on my phone but later on while relaxing I wish to do more like run Photoshop then import the assets I created into unity, I would rather have something that wouldn’t add much in terms of size and weight but I could still use to get what I need done.

Scenario 2
On my way home from work I create a mock site using Adobe Comp, but when I get home will plan to finish this project on muse. In most cases I would finish my work on a desktop rather than a phone dock simply because its something I already have set up.

Scenario 3 (“Techies”)
I can do a lot of things on my phone but also have the option to plug it into a dock to make it even more capable forget the price sign me up

In these hypotheticals the first would seem like the main use more power when your not in your normal environment, while with the 2nd it would become redundant if I already have a machine capable of doing this job. While the Third would seemingly be unconcerned with the size and weight they want to always be on the cutting edge if this device can do something new that nothing else can do I want it. So as to make it more appealing the Scenario 1 user it would be preferably smaller, while the 3rd would believably buy it regardless.

Well, maybe you could fit a laptop GPU inside a small box. Looks like there still are some laptops with exchangeable graphics cards, and those cards come in 8x10cm size. So, the box would be relatively small, but keep in mind that you also need a Thunderbolt controller, heatsink, probably a fan and some other little things in the box for it to work, so it should be quite thick. Well, basically as big as two smartphones (same area as one phone, double thickness).

I think Acer has something like that with a GTX 960M inside. But as I said, we should be worried about the phone and its CPU, because that problem is harder to solve.

But let’s continue the discussion here:
http://eve.community/t/an-amazing-eve-phone/512

@Mitchz90, Being new to the community this topic may have been explored but why not an updated T1? I have been intrigued, interested, and follow developments of the The Ockel Sirius A but put off by the size. 6" just seems too small for Windows and feel the need for a replacement for the Dell Venue 8" pro that I carry, something with a better battery life. Right now my lineup is an 8", 13" and 17" and would exchange the S4 for the EV and ideally the 8" for a 9 1/2".

Microsoft’s new surface studio is an interesting product that i’m sure tons of people would absolutely love to try. Unfortunately it starts at 3k for a computer with 8gb of ram and a sub par gpu compared to the new Nvidia 1080s or even the AMD radeon 480s. I think you guys should create a desktop with a giant touchscreen like the surface studio. The screen doesn’t have to be as thin or small it would just have to be as functional. You could also make the computer enclosure bigger as well as long as it doesn’t get on the way. A pen would be mandatory and dial would be recommended,

I would like EVE to make laptop similar that of Surface book, make EVE V2 tablet in future, and a tablet 8 or 9.7 inch tablet.

For future products EVE can use Y-series CPU for 2in1, U-series CPU for laptop with GPU.
Smartphone running windows 10.

I’m just listing things but I really want a device like surface book. I bought SP4 over Surface Book is because of the price. I would love to collaborate with EVE community on making affordable products for consumers.

I want a 10 inch tablet like the surface 3. With a atom chip or a M3. I want to use it as a tablet most of the time, but when I need it, I want to connect a keyboard and use it like a laptop.

What about Eve V M3 model? :slight_smile:

it’s to big. My 4yo must use it as a tablet. But when it’s in my hand, it becomes a do it all. I had a surface 2 that broke. I miss it every day.

Most likely looking at fold-able display to be the next thing. The technology was around for some time but not fully looked into yet for commercial usage. It will be fun to see it rolling out. Even the OLED still on the shelf for some time before being pushed out to the market.