[18+ NSFW] Naked V prototype

Hi guys!
A quick one. We were testing different size SSDs and made a naked V prototype. Have a look yourself. Most components are the actual parts like the LCD

Need more 18+ images. They are surely a feast for the eyes.:stuck_out_tongue:

Oooooohhh… baby, mPCIe ports, nice! crossing fingers for Gen3 so I can slap a GNSS card and make the LTE model come after… pun intended.

This is sure the most “bare” yet working prototype of a x86-device I’ve ever seen :joy:

Is it two M2 ports that I see on the picture?
A second below the one that has the ssd, for a second ssd?

I have a question: is that Chinese bloatware on the desktop? :confused:

Is the LCD in the picture already coated with anti-reflective?

I’m just not sure what to expect from anti-reflective coating.

That coating is applied on top of the gorilla glass :wink: in this picture there’s no glass, only the LCD :wink:

To clarify few things:

1. No Anti reflection is present here as it is applied on the touch panel.
  2. It’s not a Chinese bloatware it’s one of many developer apps.

Looks like you are ready for shipping :grin:
Yippiyayeah! Go go go.

I think m2 ports->lte ports

The one with the K icon is actually a music player. It come with a tons of bloatware just like any other Chinese software but it is one of the most popular music player in China (illegal free music download)… so I guess it was just used for testing the sound.

Ha, thanks for pointing out, I was curious about it :slight_smile: but they could have just used Windows default media player for sound… Here’s a fun theory: as the prototype was passe through hands of different people, someone installed some free app and this music player came as adware, and when Konsta received it from an engineer he assumed it was used by the engineer for work :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah, that’s just a funny but dumb theory. The trust is probably somewhere in the middle. It’s always in the middle.

So, you want to assemble it yourself? LOL.
I admit it might be fun, but I don’t have that kind of skill right now.

And the file below the music player is actually a K-Pop music video……so yeah…they were definitely testing the sound (with K-Pop)…

Also just by knowing that they were using that music player, we can safely assume the wifi module is working. Things look promising!

It actually makes sense, that app is some karaoke app iirc,
they can test the speaker and the mic at the same time :joy:

Hmmm, doesn’t look very waterproof…

I was hoping to use my V as my MP3 player while swimming, but that pic makes it look like it will be difficult to strap it to my back in the water…

… or they just loaded everything from a USB drive? :slight_smile:

I guess you could say… there may be some assembly required… :sunglasses:

Sorry, I’ll show myself out :grin:

Have a look here… :wink: