144Hz no longer works in macOS Monterey (M1 Mac + TB4 Cable)

Prior to this morning I’ve had my ES07D03 connected to my M1 MBP through a Thunderbolt 4 cable at 144Hz no problems. Since upgrading to Monterey this morning the display shows “No Signal” and goes black, however macOS recognises the screen in the Display preferences pane and gives me the option to use 144Hz. When I switch it to 60Hz the display lights up and works as expected.

Anyone know what’s changed that would cause this?

I’m using firmware 102 since there’s no Mac updater available.

On a side note I see macOS now supports Adaptive Sync, although it doesn’t work with the Spectrum :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here. Waiting for a solution

Hey, guys!

We have replicated this behavior and are looking into it. Thank you for letting us know.

3 Likes

Do you think it could be related to Apple now producing Macs with 120Hz displays? Seems like a huge coincidence.

Personally, I have no clue if the two of them can be related. :sweat_smile:

On the other hand, my Acer 4k 144HZ is working properly. I’m using it through DP cable and Dockstation, though.

2 Likes

I have the same problem on my M1 Pro 14 inch, it worked on 12.0.0, but it stopped woking when I switched to 12.0.1

2 Likes

I’m using a brand new MacBook Pro 16" with the M1 Max and macOS Monterey.
I’m having the same issue.
The USB hub works at 2.0 speeds due to it being set to support 144Hz. All connected devices show up. Nevertheless it’s the exact same behavior as described at the beginning.

The display shows “No Signal” and goes black, however macOS recognises the screen in the Display preferences pane and gives me the option to use 144Hz. When I switch it to 60Hz the display lights up and works as expected.

The new 120Hz MacBooks do support variable refresh rate as well! This feature of macOS Monterey does also not work with the Spectrum at the moment!

It would be awesome if you could fix this problem asap.

3 Likes

Thank you for replying us so quickly. Also, the monitor stop lightening up after I close the lid of the laptop. Do you guys already know this issue?

Hi I can also confirm that I have the same issue as all of you with my M1 Pro 14 inch MBP. Would be great if this can be fixed.

Seeing the same issue on an M1 MacBook Air using the same cable that worked perfectly at 144Hz prior to Monterey upgrade. Any updates on this issue?

1 Like

Same here. M1 Max Macbook Pro and Monterey 12.0.1

Any update on this? It’s a common use case for this product, and the reason I bought the monitor in the first place! Mine hasn’t arrived yet so it has been disappointing to see the reduction in functionality after I ordered it. Hoping a firmware update fixes it.

1 Like

Having same issue would like to be able to use at 144Hz

Waiting for a solution on this, please keep us updated!

Anyone tried to connect it with a dp to mini dp cable?
HDMi won’t work since macbooks only have HDMI2.0 (screw apple)

I can confirm a USB-C to DP 1.4 cable works at 144hz as well as with Monterey’s variable refresh rate (48-144hz)

2 Likes

I’m on an MacBook Pro 14 inch M1 Pro

Same as above :point_up_2:… 16" M1 Pro:
thunderbolt and usb-c cables result in no signal, usb-c to display port works but not what I need.

Have been eagerly updating every macOS minor update and even public betas see if resolved, but still broken.

1 Like

Any update on this? Are the firmware devs aware?