Could you give an approximate of the direct expenses? I've been looking for answers to this question but have found nothing.
My problem is that April is a long time to wait. I've been thinking about preordering for a while now but who knows what alternatives are going to be available in 3-4 months and at what prices (maybe the direct competitor will be SP5 by then? Prices for the SP4 might have dropped below the V?).
What if until the time of delivery I'm much more interested in another device?
It's hard to say for sure if I will like the V. There are no reviews, benchmarks or a store where I might take a look at it. (I believe there isn't even a video of a working V anywhere, correct me if I'm wrong)
There is just so much missing info and without the guarantee of a refund it's hard to commit to investing this amount of money in a product.
It's also unclear (for me) how much the V will cost after the IGG campaign, it could be anywhere between current price and MSRP? That will make a difference of up to 800$ and put a price tag on it that matches the "expensive alternatives" out there (I think i remember reading something about making great specs affordable).
Don't get me wrong, I like what you've done with this project, the community seems nice, the crowd-development is a cool idea (and seems to have produced a very nice product) and the team appears to be working really hard and I'd love to put some trust (and money :P) in this project but without further infos I don't think I will decide to take the risk but rather wait and see until april and then reevaluate if the V is still the way to go, considering the pricing and the alternatives at the time it will acutally be available to me.
(plus there might be other configurations available by then which might be more fitting for different people as well and who knows, maybe it will even sell for the same price as now)